UAW/FORD Ford Fanatic Forums
March 29, 2024, 04:14:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our Unofficial UAW/Ford social networking website!

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Local 900 Wayne Assy

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Local 900 Wayne Assy  (Read 638 times)
ckr01
Soap Box Racer

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2009, 11:13:00 am »

Hello all;

Retired with the buyout ( $50k ) in March 08, thought I could find another job with less tension-headaches........boy was I wrong !!
there are no jobs out there, once they find out you are a UAW retiree, the door get shut in your face and a boot gets shoved in
your ass!! If you are union, nobody will hire you, NOBODY!!
I know the company is pushing everyone to get out, but BE SURE YOU CAN AFFORD TO GO !!  I was not, now I am paying the price,
big time, I'm close to declaring bankruptcy if I don't get a job soon.

Good luck fellas

Hold tight with the new contract negs, don't let them screw with your future to bad, and if anyone knows of an entry level job near Romulus
hit me up...I was a hilo driver in the plant, and a Security Officer outside the plant.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Furious1Auto
Administrator
Circuit Racer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 11:23:30 am »

Hello all;

Retired with the buyout ( $50k ) in March 08, thought I could find another job with less tension-headaches........boy was I wrong !!
there are no jobs out there, once they find out you are a UAW retiree, the door get shut in your face and a boot gets shoved in
I know the company is pushing everyone to get out, but BE SURE YOU CAN AFFORD TO GO !!  I was not, now I am paying the price,

Good luck fellas

Hold tight with the new contract negs, don't let them screw with your future to bad, and if anyone knows of an entry level job near Romulus
hit me up...I was a hilo driver in the plant, and a Security Officer outside the plant.

You have options, and the best ones you need a few credentials to get started, it would have been better if you had posted your comment earlier after your buyout, because it takes a little cash to get started. 

For instance if you still have at least $500.00 to get you license, and 7 months worth of money to live on I can tell you of a job that will gross you $80,000 to $150,000 within your first full year of self employment.  I know times are tough, but this is one job that provides you with more work when the economy is sh-tty then when it is good!

Report Spam   Logged

UAW Local 2000

Ohio Assembly Plant

Avon Lake, OH
ckr01
Soap Box Racer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 11:29:58 am »

you have my attention

Report Spam   Logged
Furious1Auto
Administrator
Circuit Racer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 01:57:52 pm »

you have my attention

Ignore the Google add above, it was placed there by our web host, and I have no control to delete it.  I also think that the placement of this spam is in poor taste considering what we are discussing.

I am currently studying for my license to write bail bonds, you have to sit under a licensed agency for 6 months once you obtain a license, but within 8 months you will begin getting returns on the paper you write.  There is big money in bail, and people are incarcerated every day.  What restricts many from even applying for a license is that they don't know how to get started, and they don't have the front cash to cover the start up expenses! This is just one of the irons I have in the fire to secure my families future!

If you are interested I can help you find direction through IM, I'm not trying to flood the market with bondsman and create my own competition.

Here is a Link to a generic site that offers basic info to get you started. 

http://www.bailyes.com/bail_bond_license.html
Report Spam   Logged

UAW Local 2000

Ohio Assembly Plant

Avon Lake, OH
BlueCollarWorker
UAW Member
Soap Box Racer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 11:01:38 pm »

Good luck bro - I saw this link on Reddit.com and thought of you.
http://theloanz.com/payday-loans/33-things-to-do-unemployed/
Report Spam   Logged
dark270
UAW Moderator
Full Time Driver

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 01:44:53 pm »

Hello all;

Good luck fellas

BULLSHIT!

i have applied with TOYOTA, HONDA and hyundai, AND Thyseen Krupp(this last one i got a job offer from)
i got several interviews with ALL.....they new ahead of time that i was/is UAW ..now they asked some hard questions. like would i be willing to work for 20 an hour start..then work my way up(which i am)
and work rotating schedule, ETC....they did not care i was union...does not matter to them, and i have to pass a physical and a drug test, which again is no problem for me.  i want to work....
but i would have to be willing to move to alabama, which again i am.....

dude you just have to look around you. mich is dying....
Report Spam   Logged

It's not who I am underneath, it's what I do that defines me

girl2000
UAW Member
Soap Box Racer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 11:01:48 pm »

I have to agree with dark I have been ILO from Dearborn for some time now but since I have had all this free time I went back to school and have a BA in computer programming and I am working contracts out of the state of Michigan, Hoping I will soon be called back.

Wish you the best of luck and hang in there.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: