UAW/FORD Ford Fanatic Forums
April 18, 2024, 10:49:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our Unofficial UAW/Ford social networking website!

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Ford previews look of next Focus with Geneva concept

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ford previews look of next Focus with Geneva concept  (Read 646 times)
fullonhosting_com
UAW Moderator
Drivers License

View Profile WWW
« on: March 03, 2009, 05:05:12 pm »

Automotive News Europe
March 3, 2009 13:40 CET
ENLARGE
Ford's Iosis Max concept showcases a new fuel-efficient engine.

GENEVA -- Ford's Iosis Max concept car previews the next stage of the carmaker's design language, which will appear on the new Focus due in 2010.

Ford executives said the concept doesn't preview a specific production model but offers a glimpse into the design direction and efficient powertrain technologies that are being adopted for the next generation of its global medium car range.

John Fleming, Ford of Europe CEO, said the concept "marks another important step in the renaissance of Ford of Europe's product design."

Ford has used kinetic design on its new Mondeo, Kuga, Fiesta and Ka models. The carmaker says the styling conveys "energy in motion" through its athletic stance and muscular surfacing.

Martin Smith, Ford of Europe's head of design, said the second stage of kinetic design would be more crisp and chiseled than the current look.

A bold trapezoidal lower grille, which is now a key part of the Ford of Europe's brand identity, dominates the front of the concept. For the first time, the grille has three horizontal chrome-rimmed bars, which, Ford says, gives the car's face a more dynamic and imposing feel.

The concept has a 180hp, 1.6-liter turbocharged gasoline direct-injection powerplant from Ford's new EcoBoost engine family, coupled with stop-start technology.

The engine will be progressively introduced to Ford's European cars starting early 2010 and will deliver fuel economy up to 20 per cent better than conventional gasoline engines with a similar power output, Ford says.

Report Spam   Logged

"In a world where knowledge is forbidden, Knowledge is true power"

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

dark270
UAW Moderator
Full Time Driver

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 11:02:29 pm »

Automotive News Europe
March 3, 2009 13:40 CET
ENLARGE
Ford's Iosis Max concept showcases a new fuel-efficient engine.

GENEVA -- Ford's Iosis Max concept car previews the next stage of the carmaker's design language, which will appear on the new Focus due in 2010.

Ford executives said the concept doesn't preview a specific production model but offers a glimpse into the design direction and efficient powertrain technologies that are being adopted for the next generation of its global medium car range.

John Fleming, Ford of Europe CEO, said the concept "marks another important step in the renaissance of Ford of Europe's product design."

Ford has used kinetic design on its new Mondeo, Kuga, Fiesta and Ka models. The carmaker says the styling conveys "energy in motion" through its athletic stance and muscular surfacing.

Martin Smith, Ford of Europe's head of design, said the second stage of kinetic design would be more crisp and chiseled than the current look.

A bold trapezoidal lower grille, which is now a key part of the Ford of Europe's brand identity, dominates the front of the concept. For the first time, the grille has three horizontal chrome-rimmed bars, which, Ford says, gives the car's face a more dynamic and imposing feel.

The concept has a 180hp, 1.6-liter turbocharged gasoline direct-injection powerplant from Ford's new EcoBoost engine family, coupled with stop-start technology.

The engine will be progressively introduced to Ford's European cars starting early 2010 and will deliver fuel economy up to 20 per cent better than conventional gasoline engines with a similar power output, Ford says.

neat, i wonder where they are going to get 'that' engine....

"the death star plans are here somehwere, she must have hidden them in th escape pods......."

they have to have a plan, and just dont tell the people?
Report Spam   Logged

It's not who I am underneath, it's what I do that defines me

Furious1Auto
Administrator
Circuit Racer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 01:46:33 am »

It may take some time, they are still working on bring their last batch of powertrain innovation to market. I just say a display for the Ecoboost technology at the Cleveland Autoshow today. They said it is to be available on 90% of the vehicled Ford will produce in the future as an option. Every CID we build will have a turbo system available for it!

Report Spam   Logged

UAW Local 2000

Ohio Assembly Plant

Avon Lake, OH
dark270
UAW Moderator
Full Time Driver

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 11:04:48 am »

It may take some time, they are still working on bring their last batch of powertrain innovation to market. I just say a display for the Ecoboost technology at the Cleveland Autoshow today. They said it is to be available on 90% of the vehicled Ford will produce in the future as an option. Every CID we build will have a turbo system available for it!

interesting looking at all the that tubing...i got a turbo and dont have all that....lol

i hope ford does not screw this up.......
Report Spam   Logged

It's not who I am underneath, it's what I do that defines me

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: