UAW/FORD Ford Fanatic Forums
April 16, 2024, 12:23:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our Unofficial UAW/Ford social networking website!

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Ford Work solutions, Crew Chief, Tool Link, and the 2009 F-150

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ford Work solutions, Crew Chief, Tool Link, and the 2009 F-150  (Read 8671 times)
Furious1Auto
Administrator
Circuit Racer

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2008, 12:29:01 pm »

Ford is aggressively going after the light commercial vehicle applications!

I was at the auto show today and witnessed some awesome sights. First off I want to say that I looked at every automaker spending several hours with each brand to get a feel for the competition, but I will limit this thread just to commercial market. It seems like they are Ford's major target at present. Toyota only offers a roof console that has a business card holder and two places for worker's safety glasses. While Dodge does have new bed side rail storage bins which are reminiscent of those on the Chevy Avalanche! (still a good Idea though)

Ford on the other hand eliminated the need for a laptop on the jobsight, installing an in-dash wireless internet ready business command center!  I submit to you "Ford Work Solutions" (or FWS) I took a bunch of pics while I was given the Demo sitting in a production version of the 2009 F-150 (it is also confirmed for availability in the E-Series in 09', and I will guess also the Transit, and Transit connect along with any other commercial market we serve), but I will only post the pics I think showcase it's purpose the best! If you can see it well enough this is a touch screen FWS head unit that is connected to the Google server via wireless internet! It also comes

It also has a keyboard! A mouse! 

And a printer for printing out invoices, and any business/non business related material at the click of a button! It is an indash PC that can link to you home/office PC, to retrieve info, report onboard inventory changes. Such as a appliance repairman would have to record to restock. Meaning you can update parts inventory in you office PC remotely from your vehicle. That is just the beginning, the FWS also saves links to 9 of your favorite sights on a single page that can be easily selected with the touch of the screen or a mouse

It will also track your entire fleet while giving you their location of your other service vehicles, and telling you their direction, speed of travel, and even idle times!
This is not even the end of the advancement to the FWS, it also has sensors that read you equipment inventory. That is right, you place a small sticker on all of you important tools, and much like a theft sensor at a retail store these sensors can tell you if the tools are in your vehicle.

For instance you have a identity sticker on your concrete saw. If you try to leave the job sight without it when you start up your vehicle a warning indicator will alert you that it is not onboard. Hell it just saved you from having to buy a new $350.00 concrete saw! The best part besides it's built in navigational system, is that it can be retro fitted to older year vehicles that did not come with it from the factory! And it will also be available to accompany a SYNC entertainment system if you opt for it

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE579Bym-dA

« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 12:52:52 pm by Furious1Auto » Report Spam   Logged

UAW Local 2000

Ohio Assembly Plant

Avon Lake, OH

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

faith
Soap Box Racer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 10:48:32 am »

wow, interesting. I have to admit that I certainly do not agree with many of the things that you have said on the internet, however, you are definetly talented with the computer and seem to have a good headon your shoulders! Good job here. In the end I believe many of us have one goal in common and that is to see Ohio Assembly remain a profitable plant that remains open for a very long time and with folks like you on our team, hopefully this passion will spread and we will become a team that can win this goal.
Report Spam   Logged
Furious1Auto
Administrator
Circuit Racer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 11:05:19 am »

wow, interesting. I have to admit that I certainly do not agree with many of the things that you have said on the internet, however, you are definetly talented with the computer and seem to have a good headon your shoulders! Good job here. In the end I believe many of us have one goal in common and that is to see Ohio Assembly remain a profitable plant that remains open for a very long time and with folks like you on our team, hopefully this passion will spread and we will become a team that can win this goal.

Thank you!  Hopefully we can all benefit from this site. We don't always have to agree and probably wont, but I do care about our company, and the future of our members!
Report Spam   Logged

UAW Local 2000

Ohio Assembly Plant

Avon Lake, OH
Furious1Auto
Administrator
Circuit Racer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 02:41:39 pm »

A walk around of the 2009 F-150

Report Spam   Logged

UAW Local 2000