UAW/FORD Ford Fanatic Forums
April 18, 2024, 06:04:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our Unofficial UAW/Ford social networking website!

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

taxes on medical benefits

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: taxes on medical benefits  (Read 347 times)
jwc191
UAW Member
Soap Box Racer

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2009, 04:02:13 pm »

while listening to talk radio this morning, the host was reading that pres. bo. has told members of congress that he is not opposed to taxing co. paid health insurance. here we go, more taxes. i wonder if this is a beginning to get members with co. paid health care to enroll in the government health care once it is enacted. taxes could be as high as $2000.00 to $3000.00.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Furious1Auto
Administrator
Circuit Racer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 05:27:28 pm »

while listening to talk radio this morning, the host was reading that pres. bo. has told members of congress that he is not opposed to taxing co. paid health insurance. here we go, more taxes. i wonder if this is a beginning to get members with co. paid health care to enroll in the government health care once it is enacted. taxes could be as high as $2000.00 to $3000.00.

Sounds like a way to generate enough money to support socialized medicine. I say if they are going to tax it, then they need to begin paying our medical premiums to us in our checks, and we can buy our own insurance.  At least that way we get the tax break. Otherwise they can GFTS.
Report Spam   Logged

UAW Local 2000

Ohio Assembly Plant

Avon Lake, OH
jwc191
UAW Member
Soap Box Racer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 09:26:36 am »

today's detriot free press (www.freep.com) has an article about the congress discussing the taxes on health care benefits. quite interesting.
Report Spam   Logged
dark270
UAW Moderator
Full Time Driver

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 10:18:29 am »

today's detriot free press (www.freep.com) has an article about the congress discussing the taxes on health care benefits. quite interesting.
i understand your point, but 80-90 percent of what that newspaper says is either FALSE, or borders on false(according to their interpretations) and never ends up happening

i truly believe they want to incite the populace...

anything i read on that site, if at all, i take a big dose of sugar and salt with.....

i just dont like that site too.

but all  bullshit aside, the past articles have not some true.....or the way they tell it.
Report Spam   Logged

It's not who I am underneath, it's what I do that defines me

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: