UAW/FORD Ford Fanatic Forums
March 28, 2024, 03:45:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our Unofficial UAW/Ford social networking website!

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Need help with finding right exhaust type.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with finding right exhaust type.  (Read 656 times)
BigChris300
Soap Box Racer

It's good for me and her

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2009, 04:38:45 pm »

Ok, I was thinking about putting a Aero Muffler on my truck (not even thinking about the headers right now) but! I don't like the hallow sound that it has like Flowmaster and FloSound. Then I thought about putting a Magnaflow Muffler on, but I don't like how quiet it is (even with high flow cats on it, it doesn't give too much sound even revving it up to a high RPM). So! My question is if someone on here can find a muffler brand that can give the low rumble of Magnaflow, but still have the roar of a Glasspack or a Flowmaster muffler. Any ideas? Also I am planning on making a custom dual exhaust for my truck, I will have to buy the Y-pipe myself. Can I get it on E-bay or should I see if I can get it from Auto Zone?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

dark270
UAW Moderator
Full Time Driver

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 09:00:07 pm »

Ok, I was thinking about putting a Aero Muffler on my truck (not even thinking about the headers right now) but! I don't like the hallow sound that it has like Flowmaster and FloSound. Then I thought about putting a Magnaflow Muffler on, but I don't like how quiet it is (even with high flow cats on it, it doesn't give too much sound even revving it up to a high RPM). So! My question is if someone on here can find a muffler brand that can give the low rumble of Magnaflow, but still have the roar of a Glasspack or a Flowmaster muffler. Any ideas? Also I am planning on making a custom dual exhaust for my truck, I will have to buy the Y-pipe myself. Can I get it on E-bay or should I see if I can get it from Auto Zone?

dude, i got a PT ...and all decked out..i love the 'borla' exhaust....good deep sound, even afor a T4....lol  anyhow if you get a chance, look for the same, borla rocks, and get t304 so it will never rust.

http://www.revelenterprises.com/pt_cruiser_borla_duals_25s.htm

this is some of what i got, i left the cat off, and changed the computer(stage one), plug/wires, and changed the intake ....nice changes.........

bet you get about 50-100 more horse if you do that...and the borla will sound great!!!

Report Spam   Logged

It's not who I am underneath, it's what I do that defines me

Furious1Auto
Administrator
Circuit Racer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 10:08:21 pm »

Sounds good to me!

Report Spam   Logged

UAW Local 2000

Ohio Assembly Plant

Avon Lake, OH
dark270
UAW Moderator
Full Time Driver

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 10:28:57 pm »

Sounds good to me!

exactly!! borla is awesome, and highly recommended to everyone i talk to..i have had mine 6 years now....
only borla gives the 'deep' sound with good results and more...
sometimes you pay more tho.....but it is worth it...

Report Spam   Logged

It's not who I am underneath, it's what I do that defines me

Hobbitt
UAW Member
Drivers License

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 05:44:21 am »

Just a little video of my exhaust on the beast....
Report Spam   Logged

I am lost, if you find me please return me to myself, or to one of my buddies. Thank you !
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: