UAW/FORD Ford Fanatic Forums
March 28, 2024, 02:39:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our Unofficial UAW/Ford social networking website!

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

KEEP it MADE IN AMERICA

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: KEEP it MADE IN AMERICA  (Read 867 times)
dark270
UAW Moderator
Full Time Driver

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2009, 11:08:04 am »

got this email from the lansing mayor....

God, i love this guy!!
i wish he would run for PRESIDENT!

Dear Supporters,

I trust you are well and that you're still just as fired up about FAIR
trade in America as I am, starting with a level playing field for
American auto workers. 

I apologize for the late notice, but I wanted to inform you right away
that the Mayors and Municipalities Automotive Coalition (MMAC) has
partnered with the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) and the
United Steelworkers (USW) to organize a “Keep it Made in America”
national bus tour from May 11-14.  Follow the link and see the attached
flier for the particulars.

We need your passion.  We need your voice.  Let's show the public and
our elected leaders how vital American manufacturing is to our economy,
and why American workers are the most dedicated and talented in the
world!

http://madeinamericatour.org/

Yours for a Better America,

Virg Bernero
Report Spam   Logged

It's not who I am underneath, it's what I do that defines me

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

MSchmi
UAW Member
Soap Box Racer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 08:48:53 pm »

"Keep it made in America" does not say one single thing about wages, hours, or conditions of how it's made. Those are my first considerations. Made in America by slave labor? Like the new Chrysler contract? Is that what we want?
Report Spam   Logged
dark270
UAW Moderator
Full Time Driver

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 10:40:44 pm »

"Keep it made in America" does not say one single thing about wages, hours, or conditions of how it's made. Those are my first considerations. Made in America by slave labor? Like the new Chrysler contract? Is that what we want?

well last i checked, slave labor, WAS ILLEGAL in the U.S.

and this is much better then those ass fucks down south like shelby and corker, you want THEM to help us out ?

i would rather have this campaign then not, i think it is a good thing, to be MADE HERE, then some other country.
i dont care if the guy/gal make 8000 dollars an hour or 2.12 an hour, if it is made here i support it!!
Report Spam   Logged

MSchmi
UAW Member
Soap Box Racer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 08:16:42 am »

The way I see it, the plants in shelby and corker's districts make stuff in America too, so a campaign like this includes helping them. That's what I'm getting at. If you can take the emotion out of it for a minute, it's an all pro-employer campaign with no space for worker rights that I can see.
Report Spam   Logged
dark270
UAW Moderator
Full Time Driver

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 10:40:32 am »

The way I see it, the plants in shelby and corker's districts make stuff in America too, so a campaign like this includes helping them. That's what I'm getting at. If you can take the emotion out of it for a minute, it's an all pro-employer campaign with no space for worker rights that I can see.

well those plants down south, also pay good, 22-30 an hour...i dont have a problem with support made in america, as long as it is.
Report Spam   Logged

MSchmi
UAW Member
Soap Box Racer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 03:36:07 pm »

The problem is that people don't think past WHERE it is made to HOW it is made. If some company is allowed to build cars in the USA while paying $2.12 an hour, while forcing a pace that totally disables a worker after 12 or 15 years, while contributing nothing to health or retirement benefits, is that what we will accept? I wouldn't accept that for one second. But the LOGIC in "buy American built" is that selling product is all we should worry about. For that message, we should be paid advertising fees like the other Madison Avenue PR firms.
Report Spam   Logged
dark270
UAW Moderator
Full Time Driver

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 06:22:21 pm »

The problem is that people don't think past WHERE it is made to HOW it is made. If some company is allowed to build cars in the USA while paying $2.12 an hour, while forcing a pace that totally disables a worker after 12 or 15 years, while contributing nothing to health or retirement benefits, is that what we will accept? I wouldn't accept that for one second. But the LOGIC in "buy American built" is that selling product is all we should worry about. For that message, we should be paid advertising fees like the other Madison Avenue PR firms.
come on, i was making a point, no car company is going to pay 2.12 to build a car.   in fact toyota is paying BETTER then us right now....FACT.
and if they make a toyota car that is 'made in america' i would not have a problem buying it...

especially over a FORD fusion, that is mexico crap.

Report Spam   Logged

Furious1Auto
Administrator
Circuit Racer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 09:48:08 pm »

I agree with both of you. We need a manufacturing presence in the U.S., but we also need to make sure that people are also compensated well for thier sacrifices!
Report Spam   Logged

UAW Local 2000

Ohio Assembly Plant

Avon Lake, OH
ToolandDieGuy
UAW Member
Soap Box Racer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 06:01:53 am »

Toyotas profits dont stay here. Our U.S. dollars that they make go back to the land of the rising sun. They pay wages here yes, but I would rather see U.S. companies make the profits and keep them in this country through dividends, capital improvements, etc. then see the greenbacks leave to the Bank of Japan. And ever since 9/11, when all of the U.S. owned car companies stepped up in a big way, and all of the foreign car companies only sent 'condolences', no sir, I would never buy from them or hope any of you would.
Report Spam   Logged
dark270
UAW Moderator
Full Time Driver

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 10:47:27 pm »

Toyotas profits dont stay here. Our U.S. dollars that they make go back to the land of the rising sun. They pay wages here yes, but I would rather see U.S. companies make the profits and keep them in this country through dividends, capital improvements, etc. then see the greenbacks leave to the Bank of Japan. And ever since 9/11, when all of the U.S. owned car companies stepped up in a big way, and all of the foreign car companies only sent 'condolences', no sir, I would never buy from them or hope any of you would.

i agree with that mostly.....
but we need a governement that is fair, and when gm gets hit with tarrifs to take cars over to japan, then we need to respond in kind...

but untill the dems and reps start supporting the working class it wont happen.....
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: