UAW/FORD Ford Fanatic Forums
April 18, 2024, 03:59:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our Unofficial UAW/Ford social networking website!

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Gun control or, paddles!, Should schools be able to paddle again?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gun control or, paddles!, Should schools be able to paddle again?  (Read 607 times)
Furious1Auto
Administrator
Circuit Racer

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2008, 04:30:19 am »

Should our teachers be able to paddle children with disciplinary problems?  I was in school when they took paddles away from teachers.  I may have been paddled a couple of times when I did not deserve it but, I did respect my teachers! Before they took them away I don't remember hearing about metal detectors at inner city schools.  Kids where not taking guns and knives to school.  No, columbine, no Virginia Tech.  Although, Virginia Tech is a college The perpetrators were from a generation that never saw a paddle in school! Children that are not disciplined at home grow to be adults with no respect.  Or should we remove the concealed carry rights away from citizens who are trying to protect themselves!  Your thoughts?
Report Spam   Logged

UAW Local 2000

Ohio Assembly Plant

Avon Lake, OH

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

big blue 1211
UAW Member
Drivers License

Go Blue we will be back

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 10:22:05 am »

Its the parents that won't get off there fat ass and pay attention to there kids.There kids walk around like they own the place.some kids need more dicipline or ass kicking
Report Spam   Logged

Uaw Local 2000 Avon Ohio.The stimulus will not work thanks Prez for the extra 13$ a week woo wee
mulewright
UAW Member
Soap Box Racer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 01:23:27 pm »

Should our teachers be able to paddle children with disciplinary problems?  I was in school when they took paddles away from teachers.  I may have been paddled a couple of times when I did not deserve it but, I did respect my teachers! Before they took them away I don't remember hearing about metal detectors at inner city schools.  Kids where not taking guns and knives to school.  No, columbine, no Virginia Tech.  Although, Virginia Tech is a college The perpetrators were from a generation that never saw a paddle in school! Children that are not disciplined at home grow to be adults with no respect.  Or should we remove the concealed carry rights away from citizens who are trying to protect themselves!  Your thoughts?

The more the "it takes a village" folks take over running our schools, raising our kids etc... the more they screw it up.  The irony is the more they screw things up they put that forward as evidence that we need to give them even more control.
   The Supreme Court just affirmed the right to self defense as an individual right.  With approx. 40 states having approved "shall issue" ccw laws we're heading in the right direction there.
Report Spam   Logged
J-150
Soap Box Racer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 11:39:12 am »

Its the parents that won't get off there fat ass and pay attention to there kids.There kids walk around like they own the place.some kids need more dicipline or ass kicking

to quote Jim Cramer... "BOO-YAH!"

lack of discipline has resulted in an entire generation of brats that have no respect for themselves or anyone else.
Report Spam   Logged
Furious1Auto
Administrator
Circuit Racer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 05:28:48 pm »

to quote Jim Cramer... "BOO-YAH!"

lack of discipline has resulted in an entire generation of brats that have no respect for themselves or anyone else.
I agree, but what are the school teacher, and administrators suppose to do to fix it when the parents don't care? If they are not allowed to correct them then your child may have to sit next to these disruptive individuals jeopardizing your child's education.

Kicking them out, and giving them a vacation is not the answer. You cannot punish them by giving them what the want in the first place.  That's like giving people time off for missing work!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 05:42:49 pm by Furious1Auto » Report Spam   Logged

UAW Local 2000

Ohio Assembly Plant

Avon Lake, OH
roadking
UAW Member
Soap Box Racer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 03:38:31 pm »

gun control only hurts us as it doesnt control criminals. and colleges dont help themselves up by not letting law abiding ccw holders like myself legally carry on their property.
just my .02
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: