UAW/FORD Ford Fanatic Forums
March 29, 2024, 11:49:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our Unofficial UAW/Ford social networking website!

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Gun control or, paddles!, Should schools be able to paddle again?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gun control or, paddles!, Should schools be able to paddle again?  (Read 605 times)
mulewright
UAW Member
Soap Box Racer

View Profile
« on: July 04, 2008, 01:23:27 pm »

Should our teachers be able to paddle children with disciplinary problems?  I was in school when they took paddles away from teachers.  I may have been paddled a couple of times when I did not deserve it but, I did respect my teachers! Before they took them away I don't remember hearing about metal detectors at inner city schools.  Kids where not taking guns and knives to school.  No, columbine, no Virginia Tech.  Although, Virginia Tech is a college The perpetrators were from a generation that never saw a paddle in school! Children that are not disciplined at home grow to be adults with no respect.  Or should we remove the concealed carry rights away from citizens who are trying to protect themselves!  Your thoughts?

The more the "it takes a village" folks take over running our schools, raising our kids etc... the more they screw it up.  The irony is the more they screw things up they put that forward as evidence that we need to give them even more control.
   The Supreme Court just affirmed the right to self defense as an individual right.  With approx. 40 states having approved "shall issue" ccw laws we're heading in the right direction there.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: