UAW/FORD Ford Fanatic Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:11:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to our Unofficial UAW/Ford social networking website!

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

is mercury dead?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: is mercury dead?  (Read 615 times)
jwc191
UAW Member
Soap Box Racer

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2008, 08:01:01 am »

according to the detriot news this morning, mercury dealers are worred that ford will faze out the mercury line. ford will not give them an answer. no new products in the pipeline. will mercury go like oldsmobile and plymouth? sad, really sad. no crossovers like the edge or tarus x.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Furious1Auto
Administrator
Circuit Racer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 01:32:12 pm »

I would not eliminate it, most of peoples complaints are that the Mercury line shares the same sheet metal with the cheaper Ford line.

Ford is working on giving the Lincoln lineup it's own steet matal starting with the MKS, they need to do the same with Mercury, even if the vehicles share the same platform! There is a market for mid-grade models, but no one wants to pay more for a Ford with different badges! Well aleast allot of people feel that way, maybe we should set up a poll!
Report Spam   Logged

UAW Local 2000

Ohio Assembly Plant

Avon Lake, OH
jwc191
UAW Member
Soap Box Racer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 01:48:16 pm »

i always liked the mercury brand, example: 1997 i looked at a crown vic, it was ok, a little blandand i didnot like the little window behind the passanger doors. looked at a grand marquis, looked a lot better, only $1500.00 more than the vic. then i drove a town car, nice car, but $10,000 more than the grand marquis and the only differanes was air ride and location of the interior clock. i boughr the grand marquis. same thing right now, crown vic's are only police cars, and maybe taxis, but the grand marquis is not even advertised as a full size famile sedan. i averaged 27 miles on the highway.
Report Spam   Logged
Furious1Auto
Administrator
Circuit Racer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 01:58:44 pm »

i always liked the mercury brand, example: 1997 i looked at a crown vic, it was ok, a little blandand i didnot like the little window behind the passanger doors. looked at a grand marquis, looked a lot better, only $1500.00 more than the vic. then i drove a town car, nice car, but $10,000 more than the grand marquis and the only differanes was air ride and location of the interior clock. i boughr the grand marquis. same thing right now, crown vic's are only police cars, and maybe taxis, but the grand marquis is not even advertised as a full size famile sedan. i averaged 27 miles on the highway.

Your right! I would buy a Marquis, but only for the stigma attached to it's Ford varient's most common use.  I don't want people slowing down while I drive behind them because they think I'm a cop LOL!
Report Spam   Logged

UAW Local 2000

Ohio Assembly Plant

Avon Lake, OH
fordtion
Soap Box Racer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 11:34:08 pm »

I drove GM for 20 years, as it was part of my work to have a company car. I always said the GM was a little Lincoln, and rode great,with plenty of room. My 90 model year thru 95 had the PI motor package, which made it a good handling vehicle. I just don't see Ford dropping Mercury, as it has many Ford base vehicle designs..If Ford redid the GM, I know many past owners would come back to it...Grand Marquis keep Lincoln dealers a float for the past 8 years..
Report Spam   Logged
Gem74
Soap Box Racer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 10:46:07 pm »

Mercury line shares the same sheet metal with the cheaper Ford line
Report Spam   Logged

Sunday clears away the rust of the whole week ~ Joseph Addison
Anniversary gifts || Birthday gifts
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: